For me travelling has always been the true essence of life. It has taught me new things and help me find myself. Having a big appetite for adventure and trying new things, I always end up doing some risky yet fun activities whenever I travel. I always indulge into some fun games and sports and till date my favorite one has been parasailing.
For those of you who are wondering what is parasailing, parasailing is an adventure sport which involves gliding through air over a water body (essentially a sea or ocean) with an open parachute tied to you while it is being accelerated by a speed boat tied to the parachute. Sounds complex right! And risky too. But for adventure lovers and adrenaline junkies it is the must on their ‘to do’ list.
5 best places for parasailing:
- Goa: Goa is famous for beach activity and adventure sports. It is one of the best places for parasailing in India with more than one agencies who are expert at conducting water sports. Parasailing is done at Calangute-Anjuna in Goa. Tourists are required to carry swimwear, t-shirts and shorts as costumes. The cost usually is 750-1000 INR per person.
- Kerala: Parasailing is quite a famous sport in Kerala. There are various locations where this type of water sport is carried out. Varkala or Covalam being one. The best season for parasailing would be October to March in Kerala. This is because in this season the skies are clear of the rainy clouds and the sea is also placid compare to other seasons.
- Andaman: Port Blair being one of the top places to enjoy the sea activities at Andaman gives you the exclusive experience of parasailing. There are separated and secured places where parasailing is carried out without any security issues. It is one of the must to think in the islands. Rajiv Gandhi water sport complex is famous for conducting parasailing in Andaman.
- Gokarna: Om beach is among the many places in Karnataka where water sport like parasailing is conducted. Soaring 300 feet high in the sky looking at a birds eye view of Gokarna is as beautiful as it sounds. The costs are 600-1000 INR per person. The best time for parasailing at Om beach is from October to February. The timings are 9 am to 5 pm.
- Alibaug: Parasailing is practiced at Nagaon which in Alibaug. Timings are from 10 am to 5 pm. Parasailing offers a tremendous adrenaline rush with the amazing view of vast expanses of the Arabian Sea. They ask for scheduling beforehand or at the beginning of one’s vacation so that in case of bad weather or cancellation the activity and be rescheduled.
Life is short and we must live it at it’s fullest. Trying new things and conquering your fears is something we all should indulge. At the end of everything it is the experiences that count and stay with us as memories.