The land of warriors, land of culture lover, paradise of nature, land of glorious achievement, first state to pass the E-way bill post GST reform, vibrant landmarks set by statesman (at Khordha, pipili, Cuttack, choudwar, to name a few), the land which observe 13 festivals in 12 months, land that contains temple city, famous for the dexterous filigree work & last but not the least the land of cultivation of rice- this beautiful & Odissi dance famous state is “ODISHA”. Its temple city is Bhubaneswar, which is the economic center of the state.
As far as the title is concerned, ‘unmistakable’ places means some of the holiest places or historical places or tourist places. Here is the list of 5 unmistakable places in Odisha; such as,
- Jagannath Temple
- Konark sun temple
- Dhauli Giri hills
- Udayagiri pilgrimage
- Barabati fort
- Jagannath Temple:
- Lord Shree Jagannath is the worshiping Goddess of Odia people. This notable holy temple is situated in the district of Puri. It is an important pilgrimage destination across not only in Odisha but also an entire world.
- It celebrates the chariot festival or car festival annually, which pulls the entire world’s eyes on this holy place during the month of July-August.
- Irrespective of religion, creed, language, and colour, different people from the different corners of the world come together to celebrate this holy car festival. Lord Jagannath is also worshiped by most foreign countries people also.
- Konark Sun Temple:
- “Konark” is a word that has been derived from Kona (means angle) + ark (means Sun). This holy pilgrimage site is profoundly sacrificed to the Goddess Sun. Konark sun temple is situated in the district of Puri.
- Exquisite inscriptions, chariot wheels, unprecedented pillars, acute & incredible hand carved arts have made this unbelievable temple a world destination (under UNESCO world heritage place) & one of the 7 wonders in India.
- Dhauli Giri hills:
- Dhauli Giri hill is the sign of peace, tolerance, sovereign, non-violence, truth, benevolence & dignity, situated at the bank of river Daya (Puri, Odisha). It has a great inspired historical importance during emperor Ashoka.
- It is a major pilgrimage for Buddhist activities. Red blood of all deceased warriors during “Kalinga battle” has changed emperor Ashoka’s mind towards sympathy & peace. That’s the basic reason why he had built it.
- Now the time has changed. The Government of India has taken care of it as a holistic tourist place with the help of Odisha Govt. & Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- Light & sound facilities are the most attractive & lucrative initiative to attract more tourists for a healthy balance in the tourism industry.
- Udayagiri pilgrimage:
- This another historical importance of Odisha, situated in Jajpur district. It is adjacent to two other gems of history such as Ratnagiri & Lalitagiri.
- ASI has founded it in 1958. Udayagiri is an ancient site for Buddhists.
- These 3 ancient tourist places have to combine called as ‘Diamond Triangle’. i.e. Udayagiri-ratnagiri-lalitagiri.
- Barabati fort:
- Cuttack is a city of 1000 years. It is situated on the bank of river Mahanadi. It’s historical evidence, which is standing at the feet of venue Barabati stadium (a cultural & sports destination), is “Barabati fort”.
- It was built by the Ganga dynasty during 14th Its ruined sculpture has taken care by Govt. Of India (ASI). Rejuvenation works have given a reality to this deceased monument to make it as a world tourists destination.
- A diplomatic pond was deployed by the king which was surrounded by crocodiles, which is called “Gadakhai”. This was built to protect the dynasty from outsiders.
These 5 incredible places in Odisha are a few. There are more monuments & unprecedented sites which have lifted tourism industry of Odisha.