There’s barely any Bengali who would not claim to be a food aficionado or “Bhojon Roshik Bangali” to be precise. Almost everyone would love to grab a dollop of Rosogolla or a Prawn Malaicurry whenever offered. Endless chatter or “Adda” is again another favourite amongst the bongs. So if you think you’re done with the list of chatting with your friends over a cup of coffee in Kolkata, then probably you can skim over this list for a recheck. These are some of the lesser known points in Kolkata which is a must visit for all you foodies out there.
1. Abar Baithak: How about a place filled with Books, Carom board, bean bags, cartoon wall art, and awesome music? Found in the mazy lanes of Jodhpur park, Abar Baithak is every youngster’s ideal den for having a gala time with their friends. Intellectual or a pseudo-intellectual–hop over to get the feel.
2. Codfather: Like the unforgettable Vito Corleone, probably they will also “make you an offer that you can’t refuse”. Sail through the gastronomical delights at Deshapriya Park in this cruise style eatery. What’s more, you get a drift of alcohol as well!
3. Café Bistro: Get a warm welcome from Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, The beatles followed by Marilyn Monroe at this lesser known joint, yet again at Deshapriya Park. Cozy up to your special someone on the couch with a cuppa. Sounds real fun, isn’t it?
4. Biker’s Café: As the name suggests, Bike lovers may have a hell of a munch ride here. Live music, Hookah spot and amazing food are what pulling the crowd here. Spotted at Elgin Road, this joint is surely recommendable for a friends meet.
5. Raj’s Spanish cafe: Your fix for authentic Spanish food will be satiated at this joint. You need to walk a few lanes at Sudder Street, near New Market to discover this cool hangout destination which is simply loved by the foreigners. Although it is not air conditioned, the airy feel perks up the ambience all the more.
6. Tolly Tales: City of Satyajit Ray has to be imbued with cinema lovers. If you’re one of them then Tolly Tales might intrigue you. Thronged with posters and wall art of various film personalities and films, you will surely love this place, still lesser known in Kolkata. Dr. Sarat Banerjee Road is where the GPS will track this joint.
So next time you plan for a reunion, you know where to set your foot in!