Marriage is a divine and heavenly relation which not only binds two individuals or families but also two souls with a lifetime bond meant to carry on forever. With the knot being tied, life takes a new turn towards romance, love and bliss. With such an auspicious bond in your life, why not add a few more strokes of affection and romance by planning a splendid honeymoon trip? But soon there’s one question that strikes your mind: where to go?
Home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World- Taj Mahal, Agra is one of the most revered tourist destinations in Uttar Pradesh. To go by the pages of history, the Taj Mahal was built by Shah Jahan, the Mughal Emperor in memory of his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal as an epitome of eternal love. What could be a better way of celebrating union and love of 2 people than planning your holidays in Agra? The beautiful landscape and romantic weather will perfectly compliment exultant mood.
Honeymoon attraction in Agra
If you want to make your honeymoon in Agra a lingering affair, you should first pay a visit to the Taj Mahal. Pay your valuable and memorable homage to one of the most romantic couples of history, Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal and try to bring in such romance in your married life after spending some mesmerizing moments in Agra. The immaculate beauty of the pure white marble with inlay work of semi-precious and precious stones, the symmetry of Shah Jahan in perfect plan and the massiveness and purity of the idea and construction of the tomb will leave you awe-struck.
Some of the best royal resorts tos spend your honeymoon in Agra
When you’re on your honeymoon, it goes without mentioning that you would love to stay in a hotel which pampers both of you to your heart’s content. Here are few hotels that will do just that for you.
- Trident: Trident is just a few kilometres away from the Taj Mahal and this hotel is more than perfect for couples who prefer staying in a room with a view. You can get a view of the courtyards and the garden from your room and enjoy extra amenities like yoga sessions, spa and fine dining in restaurants.
- Double Tree by Hilton: If you want to stay in a hotel which provides you rooms with view of the Taj Mahal, Double Tree by Hilton is the perfect one for you. This hotel is also very close to other attractions like Akbar’s Tomb, Agra Fort etc.
- The Oberoi Amarvillas: You probably can’t stay closer than this as this hotel is just 600m away from the Taj Mahal and each room offers a clear and uninterrupted view of the historical monument.
Sightseeing – What’s there apart from Taj Mahal?
- Agra Fort: Apart from the Taj Mahal, another tourist attraction of this city is Agra Fort which was the seat of Mughal Empire and presently a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Don’t forget to visit the Diwan-E-Aam and Diwan-E-Khas along with Musamman Burj when you visit this Fort.
- Fatehpur Sikri: Although this spot is a bit away from Agra, you should visit Fatehpur Sikri which was built by Emperor Akbar and which even served as the Capital of Mughals. This walled city was constructed for a long period of 15 years and one of its most striking features is the red sandstone and the architecture used.
- Mehtab Bagh: If you’re really into the mood for some romance, the Mehtab Bagh is perfect for such couples. This garden is located to the north of Taj Mahal and it is a square garden located just opposite to the Yamuna River.
So, if you’ve been spending an insane number of sleepless nights planning your honeymoon destination, here you go! Sit back and plan your trip to Agra to spend a memorable honeymoon.