We all have watched movies based on road trips like – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Dil Chahta Hai, Highway, Jab We Met and so much more. Isn’t it exciting? To head out on ways unknown, cruise along the roads, enjoy the spectacular countryside views etc. This holiday season, let’s take a roadtrip along some of the best roads in this country :-
- Bhopal to Pachmarhi :- Enjoy the alluring mixture of deep jungle roads, hilly roads and a smooth six lane highway all together between the state capital of M.P. and the queen of the Satpura hills, Pachmarhi. Witness the great narmada river at Hoshangabad, the dense jungles of Budni and a road through a national park itself. The road between Bhopal and Betul is a vast six lane one, good for speed lovers. Both the jungles of budni and Satpura national park have considerable tiger population so, good luck if you spot one!
- Indore-Mandu-Maheshwar-Omkareshwar :- This whole trip will cover most of the wonders of M.P. Starting from Indore, the food capital of India, head to the historical Mandu or Mandav. The famous jahaz mahal is a beauty. Maheshwar was the then capital of the Holkar state of marathas, before british occupied everything. Find your inner peace by relaxing on the ghat here, along the narmada river. Omkareshwar is the most blessed sites in central India as it has an ancient temple here considered to be among the twelve most important Shiva temples in country.
- Madurai-Rameshwaram :- Enjoy this beautiful route through some lush green coconut plantations and coastal roads. The famous and huge pamban bridge, built across the ocean, will just leave you awestruck. On the way you can visit mannamadurai and its ancient temples.
- Rishikesh to Badrinath :- Well, it’s hard to say that this is one the most well maintained roads but, it surely is an adventurous one. The journey to the holy land is the most difficult one as the roads here are prone to landslides. The views of the mystical Himalayas can be witnessed all along the route. But, hey! Watch the road too, as they are narrow, having huge mountains on one side, whereas deep gorges on the other. At some points you can hear the raging river but cannot see it, due to the great depth of gorge. At Rudraprayag, witness the mystical confluence of Alaknanda and Mandakini rivers.
- Manali to Leh :- The dream roadtrip of every single person down in the plains. This is it! The top entry in your “places to see before dying” list. Cross through the Rohtang glacier and travel alongside Chenab river. These roads will test your driving skills at every point. Words just cannot aptly describe the beauty of this route. It is truly mesmerizing.
Roadtrips are the new culture these days. Also, they let you know the places more closely. Thus, set free your inner explorer and add a few miles on your soul.