Majority of the travelers who are crazy about camping usually hit their campground for a period of 3 days, mostly during weekends. A very small percentage camp for a week or more as they seem to get bored when they extend their holiday. There’s no need to compromise on your love for adventure when you visit the simply great outdoors if you know exactly how to camp like a champion. With the essential camping gear and the right kind of luxuries, you can make your camping experience even more fruitful. Camping is one of the greatest ways of maximizing your adventure opportunities. A base camp should always be comfortable and it is the best place to prepare for everyday hikes. Even though you are seasoned hiker, it will always help you when you know how to hike. Here are few steps that you may take in order to become the best possible hiker.
Finding the right shelter
The safe haven in any campground is your shelter because this is where you will lay down your head at night and where you will look for rest during nasty weather conditions. Here are few tips to choose the best shelter possible.
- Don’t take shelter under dead trees as they may fall any time. Debris and downed limbs may also be a good indicator of what you may face.
- Make sure you survey the landscape perfectly and know all camping etiquettes and also expect it from others.
- Look for campsites with a bit of tree shade as that could help you during light rains.
- Analyze where the sun will rise from and where it will set. Make sure the place you choose is equally rewarding both sunrise and sunset.
Be careful about the right sleep system
- Go conventional and select a comfortable sleeping bag and an apt pad system which fits your conditions and your body.
- There are many travelers who prefer using inflatable mattresses rather than using pads. An inflatable mattress is a perfect compliment to a double sleeping bag.
- Would you love to sleep at a distance from the ground? How about a larger tent or a cot system? Cots typically breakdown and you can use them in a small 3 foot long carrying case.
- You may also opt for hammock camping if you can combine your sleeping system with the perfect top quilt, a bottom quilt and an insulating pad.
- If there are children with you, you can consider taking sleeping bags which are designed especially for children as they will be more comfortable in those bags.
With a good sound system, a sufficient tent and the right kind of site selection, you can be well prepared for any sort of condition which nature may expose you to.
Essentials to carry on your camp trip
There are various adversities which nature may offer and here a few things that you should carry to your camp trip.
- A tarp, tent, sleeping bag
- A pan, pot, utensils, dishes and materials with which you can start fire
- Enough water
- Plenty of clothes
- Soap and hand sanitizer
- A tight closing cooler to take in your food items
- Outdoor gear and games like hiking equipment and fishing poles
Therefore, if you’re about to go out for camping, you should make sure you follow the above mentioned guide for the travelers. Take everything that you may need for camping so that you don’t spoil your experience for a small mistake of your own.