With that said as the tagline for Uttarakhand, this celestial place shouldn’t have problems in captivating and luring tourists! Due to its tranquil beauty and unstained locations, this state has most rightly been favored by the Gods. Surprisingly enough, not many of us in India visit this place and perhaps the main reason behind this is that the awe-inspiring beauty of Uttarakhand is still a well-maintained secret.
So, how about escaping the scorching summer heat and finding some respite in the serene beauty of Uttarakhand? This place has got more than enough to make a traveller fall in love with its mountainous countryside. Find out more on this unique Himalayan getaway.
Places you shouldn’t miss in Uttarakhand
Before 2000, this place was a part of Uttar Pradesh popular for its pilgrimage centers and scenic beauty. If you’re associated with religious beliefs, you may be keen to visit this state for its ultimate divinity. Here are few places you shouldn’t miss on your visit to Uttarakhand.
- Dehradun: The capital of Uttarakhand is perched at the Himalayan foothills flanked by River Yamuna and River Ganges on either side of the city. Some of the leading attractions of Dehradun are Sahastradhara, Tapovan, Robber’s Cave, Malsi Deer Park, Mindrolling Monastery, Tiger Falls and Tapkeshawar Temple.
- Nainital: Popularly called the Lake District of India, Nainital is 1938 metres above sea level and its scenic beauty is overpowering to any tourist. Naini Lake, Naina Peak, Eco Cave Gardens, Nainital Zoo, Thandi Sadak, Himalayan View Point, Pangot and Kilbury Bird Sanctuary and Lands End are some of Nainital’s hottest destinations.
- Mussoorie: Named the Queen of Hills, this is the personification of beauty. With the snow-capped Himalayan peaks on view, Mussoorie also boasts of an excellent climate. Some popular tourist attractions are Camel’s Back Road, Mussoorie Adventure Park, Bhatta Falls, Lal Tibba, Cloud’s End, Kempty Falls and Happy Valley.
- Rishikesh: Rishikesh is situated at the convergence of River Ganga and River Chandrabhaga. River rafting, trekking and camping can lure nature lovers to Rishikesh. Some vital tourist spots are Triveni Ghat, Swarg Ashram, Laxman Jhula, Bharat Mandir, Jumpin Heights, the Beatles Ashram and Neelkantha Mahadev Temple.
Thrilling and intriguing things to do in Uttarakhand
- Kuari Pass Trekking: From the Kuari Pass, you can enjoy the attractive views of scenic ranges like Kamet, Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chakhamba. The snow-clad Kuari pass winter trek takes you through Vinayak Pass, Tali Top and then to the Kuari Peak. You may also get to visit Auli, one of the mesmerizing snow skiing tourism destinations.
- Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh: Mohan Chutti is India’s first fixed location for bungee jumping and it is an intact location in the Shivaliks, ahead of Rishikesh. The jump height is 83m and at the end of the jump, you will be lowered down to a drop zone which has 2 ft of water.
- Auli Skiing Tour in Uttarakhand: Auli has been a paradise for an avid skier and it is located in Garhwal Himalayas, 250 kms away from Rishikesh. It is easily commuted through a 3.5km long cable car to Joshimath which offers photographic views of Nanda Devi, Dronagiri and Kamet. Auli offers a wide variety of trekking, sightseeing and skiing opportunities.
- Kedarkantha Trek & Skiing: Amidst the celestial state of Uttarakhand lies the snowy rapture of Kedarkantha Peak, a lesser-visited place. Drenched with incomparable beauty, here you find snow paths, vast stretches of meadows and breathtaking views of the great Himalayas.
- Alaknanda River Rafting, Uttarakhand: The locality of Jayalgarh flanked by Himalayan Eco Lodges is perhaps the best site for those watching out for Alaknanda river rafting. The turbulent waters of Alaknanda River offer an ideal site for all the rafting enthusiasts.
Why go to the same places which are visited by everyone else? Why not try out a new place which is less visited by people of our country? So, this summer, pack your bags and head towards Uttarakhand to experience its ultimate heavenly beauty.