Gujarat is a highly underrated state of India and it remains a mystery to all as to why this state hasn’t gained more popularity and momentum as a tourist destination. With a plethora of palaces and temples, surreal landscapes, the world’s best textiles and wildlife of the Rann of Kutch, Gujarat has everything in one state. Even more, there are 29 different recognised tribes residing in this single state which makes it a perfect destination for all those who are interested in tribal encounters and in varied culture.
Gujarat is one of the most beautiful destinations in India widely popular for its royal palaces, beautiful beaches, religious places, historical sites and for their lifestyle. Due to all these reasons, this state attracts a number of foreign tourists every year. The best part about Gujarat is that Amitabh Bachchan, Bollywood’s Superstar has worked to become the brand ambassador of this colorful state. There are numerous tourist attractions to rush to. Check out some such hot spots and some valid good reasons to not miss visiting this state.
Good reasons to visit Gujarat – Why it should be your next destination
- The delicious cuisine: Yes it is definitely agreeable that each state has its own flavor and food but as long as Gujarat is concerned, it is famous for a lot of things and there can be no comparison of them. Their food can boast of best taste which has the capability of increasing the hunger of anyone. This is why foodies and any food lover of all ages will love to visit Gujarat.
- Their festivals and fair: Gujarat is worldwide popular for its festivals and it is indeed true that anyone can fall in love with the kind of festivals they have, particularly the way they celebrate them. Modhera dance festival, their Navaratri festival and international kite festival are some of the most famous ones. They do dandiya, garba and much more during Navratri. They also host fairs like bhavnath fair and tarnetar fair.
- The warm way they welcome guests: Gujarat is one of the best states which is revered for the lovable nature of people as they are the ones who perhaps know the best meaning of ATITHI DEVO BHAVA. Although we all know more or less how to welcome guests, there’s no one who can compete with Gujarat and hence they are the ones who derive the best meaning of this.
- Tourist spots and temples galore: Sun Temple, Dwarka, Ambaji, Akshardham are some of the temples to name a few. For a religious person, Gujarat is an ideal place to be and this can also be a best tourist spot as it has some fabulous wildlife sanctuary and splendid heritage sites to brag about.
- Gujarat handicraft is world famous: If you didn’t know Gujarat is also called the cultural capital of our country. You won’t find such handicrafts which are made by the people of Gujarat with threads.
- Beautiful beaches: Gujarat is one beautiful destination for travel that is blessed with a large number of calm beaches. The state has the longest coastline of the country which stretches for about 1600 km. Diu beaches, Mandvi Beach, Somnath Beach, Dumas Beach are some of the most popular beaches in Gujarat which tourists simply love.
- Rann of Kutch: Rann of Kutch is a world-famous place that you should visit if you want to see the beauty of nature. Don’t miss the opportunity to spend your holiday during their festival called Rann Utsav. A family trip to this place is a MUST.
So, what are you waiting for? If you think you will love these attractions offered by Gujarat, don’t hesitate to visit this amazing state.