Interview with travel bloggers Ekta & Puru.
Have you taken inspiration from any travel blogger so far?
We love the work of Sudha Ganapati(https://sudhagee.com), Arti S. (https://www.myyatradiary.com ) and Lakshmi Sharath(https://lakshmisharath.com)
- Did you face any obstacles while developing a travelogue?
Nothing that we can think of.
- Would you like to share any interesting travel experiences with our viewers?
Recently we travelled to Ladakh when we got a chance to visit the famous high altitude Lakes. We decided to take the road less travelled and go straight from Pangong Tso to Tso Moriri. It was off-roading at its best with no connectivity with the world, not even villages for long distances. The experience is etched in our memories – the mighty mountains, rugged terrain and mesmerizing blue lakes!
- Does your list of favorites containany global tourist hotspot?
We loved Petra in Jordan. The rose city, half as old as time, is a witness to an incredible civilization that blossomed nearly 2000 years ago. The walk through the Siq to get the first glimpse of the Al Khazneh is mesmerizing. Walking around the ruins, meeting the local Bedouins and hiking to the Treasury were some good memories from our visit.
- Do you consider any popular tourist destination to be over-rated?
Every place has its own charm. We were a little underwhelmed when we visited Darjeeling due to the chaotic traffic of the jeeps. But its beauty away from the town more than makes up for that J
- Tell us about a few things that you can’t do without on your international trips?
Passports, dollars and phones! I think we will manage everything else with this.
We also carry our cameras where ever we go.
- Have you created this blog to share with fellow globe-trotters?Or is it just for having fun?
The blog started back in 2010 as an entry for a photography competition. Now we fuel our passion for telling stories through the blog. We love travelling and sharing our memories with our readers.
8) Do you have a word of caution for the young globetrotters?
It’s important to enjoy the travel. Be mindful of the culture and history of the places we travel to. Lastly, Keep the carbon footprint as low as possible.
- Do you have plans to visit other global hotspots anytime soon?
Our next trip is to Sikkim in a week’s time!
- Did any of your recent tours influence your blogging ideas?
All our trips our special. This time in Ladakh we started taking clips to make videos. Do check them out on our youtube channel – https://www.youtube.com/shadowsgalore