- Kolkata is not just a land of heritage and culture but also a land of exotic cuisines. And, what could be better than the Chinese restaurants in Kolkata to indulge in the mouthwatering taste of the Asia?
- Yauatcha: Rating 4.4 out of 5, Yauatcha is one of the best Chinese places in Kolkata. It’s open 7 days a week, from 12 pm to 1 am. They serve a wide range of Chinese dishes from dumplings to rolls, rice to noodles and delicious desserts. They have their outlets on the 5th floor of Quest Mall, Ballygunge. The service is great, ambiance is calm and classy and the flavors are subtle. A complete luxury dining experience. A bit on the expensive side it costs Rs. 2,000 for 2 people approximately.
- Mainland China: famous for great buffets and delicious food, Mainland China make one of the finest Chinese restaurants in Kolkata. There are several outlets of the restaurant around the city, i.e, Ballygunge, Silver Spring Arcade, Science City area, South City mall, Avni Riverside Mall, and Alipore. Its again a bit heavy on the budget and costs about Rs.1,700 for two people. The quality of the food and the service makes it all worth it. Timings: 12:00 pm to 03:00 pm and 07:00 pm to 11 pm; Monday-Sunday.
- Tung-Fong Bar and Restaurant: this restaurant is famous for Indianised Chinese and buffet-style serving. The ambiance is serene and refined. It is located at Mirza Ghalib Street on the ground floor of Karnani Mansion. The service is good. They also offer home delivery and serve alcohol as well. This place is open from 12 noon to 04:00 pm and 06:00 pm to 11 pm, 7 days a week. The rates are affordable, Rs. 1,000 for two (approx) and Rs.165 for a pint of beer.
- Chowman: Chowman rates 4.0 out of 5 and offers a great Chinese experience at an affordable price of Rs.800 (approx). It has total eight outlets around Kolkata including Sector 1 Salt Lake, Sinthi, Park Street, Ballyunge, Behala and is open from 12 noon to 10:30 pm, 7days a week. They also deliver food or you can go there and enjoy the exclusive interior. They serve decent Chinese and are well reputed for delivering a good casual dining to its customers.
- Red Panda: this one is the most pocket-friendly in the list and costs approximately Rs.500 for two persons. The food is good comparing to the budget and you can is open mon-sun day. The timings are 12:30 to 10:30 pm. The Red Panda is located at F5 Calcutta Greens Commercial Complex near Eastern Metropolitan Bypass. They also deliver food. The ambiance is great, you can also experience an outdoor sitting. The Red Panda is rated 4.0 out of 5 and offers a casual dining.
This is just the tip of the iceberg though. Kolkata is full of places for Chinese delight and you can explore them whenever you are bored with home made food. You can get various type of restaurants in your particular budget. For now, this is it.